Search This Blog

The Tide is Turning

It's been a crazy week at work, and I needed something relatively calm to unwind with. Taking a break from working on my Pathfinder mod, I dipped into Creatures 2 for a while. I figured, with generation 1 winding down, I should get a head start on prepping generation 2 for the world, so I coaxed Magni out of the incubator cave and settled him into his new home in the trees above the swamp. 

With the cave free, I could get to work teaching the next generation, so they'd all be ready for the world when their time came. I decided to start with the Mernorns, but there was one catch: they're all male.

So there is, in fact, one more new Norn to introduce! I used the genetics kit to create Luta, a female Mernorn, and I have no idea what to expect from her because I just dragged the pigment bleed sliders around randomly and hit the inject button! Hopefully with all these different bleed genes, the aquatic population will be full of color! Given that I know what colors the base sprites are, I could probably figure it out if I wanted to, but what's the fun in that?

Meanwhile, Sigurd and Bjorn hung around on the bridge together, and didn't require much attention. Inga was having some trouble getting food, and collapsed a few times. Though I got her back up the first few times, the damage was done, and I decided it was time to let her pass on.

I carried on teaching young creatures their vocabulary until I'd gotten through all five Mernorns and two of the twelve land-dwelling Norns. There were a few hiccups along the way - one couldn't seem to learn the word "run," and one briefly got "plant" and "hand" mixed up - but aren't there always? At this point, I've got ten left to teach before the remaining three generation 1 Norns pass on.

No comments:

Post a Comment