Search This Blog

Situation Normal: All Fouled Up

I entered my Creatures 2 world to immediate problems. Sigurd and Bjorn were riding my boat across the ocean, but for whatever reason, Bjorn - and only Bjorn - was stuck inside it, despite all my safety mechanisms. In fact, he was stuck only on the left side of the ocean. He could step out of the boat just fine on the right side, but on the left, only Sigurd could get off the boat. So I carted Bjorn over to the right side, removed my safety rails, and tried to get the Norn into the water so I could pick him up and move him. He grabbed a bee, hopped in, and walked to the middle of the ocean. Er, what? After moving him, I removed and reinjected the swimming Mernorns COB, put my safety rails back up, and hoped that would do the trick while I went through the process of importing and teaching young Norns.

That, however, was delayed by a medical emergency. Sigurd's ATP dropped critically low; I gave him an emergency injection of Defibrillant, but he went back down immediately until I gave him a second shot and a dose of Liquid Food. Even then, I watched his poor biochemistry struggle and crash several more times, as I tried every time to get him back up despite knowing it was futile; his lungs were too damaged to work properly, and eventually he passed away. You can see the low oxygen levels in his body causing his energy to struggle and his ATP levels to fluctuate wildly in the Science Kit graph - along with a graph of Bjorn's healthy biochemistry (with normal oxygen cycles as he breathes) for reference.

But with the emergency over, I continued teaching the young Norns, and made it through five of the remaining ten. Or rather, I made it through one and a half, and then the game crashed. When I reloaded it, Svala was nowhere to be seen - but I had already used her export file. She was simply gone - and this is why I write down monikers. Using the genetics kit, I opened her genome, and injected her into the world again; problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment