Search This Blog

An accident is born

[Originally written July 14 2020]

It’s been a while since I played C1, and I kind of forgot what was going on. It took me a moment to get my bearings. Erika was pregnant. Carlos was at a dangerously low 19% life force. Angela was second priority at 30%. Unfortunately, I missed one little detail. Remember Beth’s egg from last time? I sure didn’t. 

So, as I was desperately trying to convince Carlos to eat, I was very surprised to see an unnamed Norn pop up in the Observation Kit. I remembered the egg and rushed to where it had been laid, deep in the jungle, and out popped a little Norn. Sneaky little Edmund! I decided it was a better use of my time to teach him than try to convince Carlos to eat. 

But how, out here? I managed to coax him down to the adjective computer, but that would hardly help. “Come Hand” is by far the most useful tool I have at my disposal (“Push Food” is arguably more important but also less effective so it balances out) and here I was deprived of it. I ultimately solved the problem by exporting and re-importing him so I could get him up to the learning computer. Erika was kind enough to lay her egg where I would see it and catch it before it hatched, too!

As if I didn’t have enough going on, Angela had also gotten pregnant and conveniently made her way down to where I was storing the eggs. Her life force was still low and going down steadily. I brought her some food but she wouldn’t eat.

Thankfully, she was able to lay her egg, but still she would not eat. The egg had taken enough out of her that her life force had dropped below Carlos’s, and I switched my attention to her. I pleaded with her to eat a carrot or some cheese, but the old girl, who had always been pretty decent at caring for herself, had apparently decided that it was time for her to go. She passed quietly, next to her last egg.

On the bright side, I did at least get Carlos to eat something, after much coaxing (and accidentally slapping poor Greg), so there’s that at least. Having gotten everything more or less under control, I decided to examine Edmund’s genome. He has one mutation, in his decision lobe – he can have 1 extra d1 dendrite. Whoop-de-doo.

No comments:

Post a Comment