Search This Blog

Unsolved Mysteries: Shee Ark Edition

[Originally written July 20 2020]

I did end up airlocking the remaining Grendel egg, along with a second one produced by an undesirable pairing, and then moved the three young ones I chose last time into the Woodland. On arrival, I was greeted by the worrying sound of sneezing, although Helena and Yorick had some good news to share – the Norn population was finally set to grow! Unfortunately, Norns and Grendels alike were passing around Histamine A, although for most of them, that was all there was to it – no other toxins, and no bacteria, making it nothing but a population-wide case of hay fever. 

A few, however, had some antigens in their systems. Soon the new Grendels had caught it too, so I moved the affected creatures to the Meso for easier access to lemons.

I stashed Helena’s egg in my inventory and set about healing everyone up. Most overcame the sickness without incident, so I moved them back to the Woodland, along with Caliban. Bianca, however, had a particularly virulent case, and it was while treating her in the Meso that I discovered her pose mutation was not minor, but a crippling gait mutation. I felt it was best to let her live her life in the Meso, so I imported Cordelia (previously exported as Bianca seemed a better candidate) and introduced her to the main population instead. Bianca overcame her illness and ended up being a playmate for the newest Norn, Lorenzo, who gave her some joy and prevented her sadly short life from being too lonely – she died unexpectedly while playing with the HLM, and I have absolutely no idea why. The illness was completely gone from her system, and she had no injuries or other problems indicated in the holodoc (which I’d somehow acquired an extra copy of at some point).

Meanwhile, despite my best efforts, the sickness was still being passed around. I got tired of trying to shuttle lemons around and started making a boatload of lemon cookies, since they can be stashed in my inventory indefinitely. Meanwhile, Helena had another egg, this time with Horatio. I got another death notification, and found Ursula standing over the body of a Bengal Norn. She inherited the important gentleness genes and there was a sickness passing around, so I can prove nothing…
Alas, poor Yorick.

Come on, you knew it was coming eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment