Search This Blog

Let's see where this goes

[Originally written June 30th 2020]

So I’ve been reading Discover Albia lately. Not just the entries but the conversations in the comments, encouraging people to blog their own Creatures worlds, and it got me to thinking. Now, I fully realize the creatures community is… a shadow of what it once was. And I’ve never blogged before. In fact I’ve never done much social media at all.

But still, I thought, maybe I should give it a shot. Even if nobody reads it, it might be entertaining to document my world. I’m about to start a brand new C3/DS world, after all – I had to uninstall and reinstall the game about six times and manually muck about with catalogue files for an hour and a half, but everything seems to be in full working order now. 

So I do want to jump in, but at the same time, I’m not sure I want to start a full-blown blog on such an odd whim. And I’m frankly too tired from work to figure out how blogging actually works at the moment, or decide whether to limit it to creatures or maybe include other gaming or even my adventures in baking – let alone come up with a name! So for now, I figure… why not just write it in Word? Maybe I’ll post it someday. Maybe it’ll just be a private journal. That’s for future me to figure out.

Right now, the Shee Ark awaits! I actually already got everything set up last night, but haven’t hatched any creatures – except the Ettins. I do want to keep Grendels so I snatched those eggs up and put them in my inventory for the time being. I’ve never cared much for Ettins though, so I’m just gonna let them do their thing.

I suppose I should start by summarizing all the world setup I’ve done – mainly the ecological adjustments and maintenance.

  • I injected the Popping Pappus, Awkwood Creeper, and several Chili Pepper plants; in addition to the free-growing one in the Jungle, I’ve placed the potted ones in the Desert, Aquarium beach, the far right end of the first treehouse platform in the Norn Terrarium (or Woodland), and in the piranha pool in the Jungle (so that the dragonfly larvae have a plant to climb out of the water on).
  • I’ve set up a few aquatic monitor/aquatic launcher combinations in the Aquarium. The left side has Orange Coral, Angelfish, and Handlefish, while the right side has Opal Coral and Clownfish. Both sides have seaweed, Neon Fish, Wysts, and Aquamites.


  • I’ve set up a timer system (which resides in the rightmost airlock; hopefully nobody jettisons it) hooked up to a radio. The other end of the radio is situated in the Ettin hoard and tied into the volcano. This way it will regularly erupt and sustain the gnarlers.


  • I added some Bramboo to the top left area of the Woodland, just because. More practically, I introduced a few ground-bound Balloon Bugs from the Desert into the pond; somehow they act as permanent fish food and sustain the Stickletrout population.
  • I introduced Tubas to the Jungle and manually planted some tendrils and mushrooms in the lower levels. I also introduced some grass, just for looks.
  • Tubas were also added to the Desert, and I also put some Bramboo in the upper section. Here, too, I added some mushrooms in the bottom level, and manually planted some desert grass on the top layer.
  • I made a few copies of the portable empathic vendor and dropped them in the less-hospitable areas of the ship.
  • Finally, I’ve set the breeding limit to 30.

1 comment: