Search This Blog

*loads disinfectant spray* Ark's haunted.

[Originally written August 4 2020]

Things seemed uneventful at first. I made the rounds ensuring that everyone’s needs were being met, providing food as necessary, checking for toxins, etc. I left the blue girls on the bramboo terrace and let Viola wander about. One of them went down to the Learning Room ledge and fell off into the incubator area, which she was none too pleased about! Maria took to slapping the others around so I took her to the workshop for training with the dummy. Viola decided to drop in unexpectedly via the teleporter, which apparently took a lot out of her, since she fell asleep on the spot!

She then went on to teleport onto the bridge of the Shee Ark to enjoy some solitude while I checked on the males. All of them were adults now, except Richard, and aside from some anger issues, everything seemed to be going just fine – except that Laertes kept groaning, though there was nothing in the hoverdoc to indicate a problem.

While he does sometimes use the pain walk for no apparent reason – the true thespian than he is – it was unlike him to groan like that. So for once I didn’t chalk it up to him being a drama queen and decided deeper investigation was needed. I flipped through a few possibilities in the biochem kit before locating – and swiftly solving – the problem.

I’m still rather baffled as to how these chemicals got so low while his hunger drives were appropriately fulfilled, but telling him to eat straightened things out and he stopped moaning.

During this time, Sebastian and Viola entered old age, and I found the latter still hanging out on the bridge, so I brought her home and encouraged her to eat something other than cheese.

Unfortunately, I heard a sneeze. My victory celebrations had apparently been premature, as the bacteria were back in force. In the process of wiping down the entire Woodland again, I encountered an absolutely bizarre sight: the gosh-hawk floating straight up and down, bouncing between floor and ceiling. Thankfully I was able to release him from the game of vertical pong by grabbing him and letting him go again. This spaceship is cursed.

No comments:

Post a Comment