Search This Blog

An uneventful day, for once

[Originally written August 5 2020]

I am pleased to report that for once, nothing in the spacegoing dumpster that is the Shee Ark caught fire. Perhaps that makes for a boring read. I, for one, was refreshed. The girls were doing well in the Woodland, though I occasionally needed to remind them how to take out their anger on toys and gadgets or bring food of a type they’d ignored. 

In the Meso, the bramboo had gotten quite out of hand. Some of it had grown through the elevator hole and dropped fruit on the second level! There really should be a height cap on these plants… I wonder where that’s coded? Something to look into in the future I suppose. In more plant-related news I have grown to regard the Pappuses as an annoying weed and I really don’t know how I tolerated having them in all my worlds before. 

Originally I had Richard and Laertes on the middle level, but I swapped Laertes with Paris from the bottom floor, as Paris and Richard had hatched together. But the move was also to give Paris access to the empathic vendor, as he wasn’t eating properly. 

He eventually ate plenty of fruits and food but refused to touch seeds. I tried to “trick” him into getting his starch intake by making some star seed cookies but he turned up his nose at those too, just carrying them around. I ultimately had to move him into the Comms Room with a portable vendor to convince him to eat.

While I was distracted, the misplaced bramboo collapsed or otherwise vanished without fruiting; a shame, as I’d intended to plant one of its berries and see whether the parent plant’s height being capped by the ceiling affected the height of the offspring or not.

I checked in on the girls again and found Katherine moving about like she was hurt. Not sure what that was about, but I did discover she had been neglecting part of her diet. Thankfully she didn’t take much convincing to eat an apple – after she was done meditating on it, apparently! That’s one way to deal with your anger I suppose.

By the way, the Desert bramboo had gotten really short!

No comments:

Post a Comment